We want to make progress on your claim immediately
When you report a claim, our top priority is providing a sympathetic ear and a comforting voice. At the same time, our Claim Representatives have the expertise to ask the right questions and get the process started as quickly as possible.
The process for reporting a claim:
Report a Claim | Step 1
+ Please report your claim to us by calling our Claims Representatives at: (866) 300-0080
- Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday Closed
+ When you make this initial call, please be prepared with some important information:
- The Responsive Auto Insurance Company Policy Number
- Driver’s License
- Police Report (if available)
Report a Claim | Step 2
+ Our Claims Representative will ask you to provide a brief statement about the claim:
- A description of what happened
- Any known information about other drivers and vehicles involved
- Any injuries that may have resulted from the accident along with any known medical treatment received for those injuries
+ Our Claims Representative will assign an Adjuster to your claim.
- Claims Adjusters are experts who determine the amount of compensation that should be paid after a person has made a claim on an insurance policy.
- Our Claims Representative will provide you with your Adjuster’s contact information and will try to connect you with them immediately.
- If we are unable to connect you, your Adjuster will contact you within 24 hours to arrange a follow-up phone discussion.
Report a Claim | Step 3
+ Your Adjuster will follow-up with you on the details of your claim.
- Your Adjuster will review your initial claim report prior to speaking with you.
- Your Adjuster may ask you to provide additional details about what happened and any known information about other drivers and vehicles involved.
- If you are a Responsive customer, your Adjuster will also be able to answer questions about deductibles, coverage and the repair process for vehicle damage claims.
- Also, if you are a Responsive customer and injured in the accident, your Adjuster will be able to explain if you qualify for medical and other benefits provided by your Personal Injury Protection coverage. By Florida Law, to gain medical treatment benefits you must pursue a Personal Injury claim through your insurer under your Personal Injury Protection coverage, regardless of who is at-fault for the accident.
- If you are not a Responsive customer, your Adjuster will still be able to provide you with helpful information about the claims handling process and ways you can contribute to a faster, better experience.