The Repair Process
The best claim experiences happen when we work together
We have the expertise to guide you through your vehicle repair process and make your role as easy as possible. The following explains the general steps in resolving a typical vehicle damage claim. While every claim is unique, we work to make sure that your claim is handled quickly, fairly and conveniently.
The repair process for vehicle damage claims:
The Repair Process | Step 1
+ If your vehicle is damaged, the first step is obtaining an Estimate for repairing the vehicle:
- During your follow up discussion, your Adjuster will explain how to arrange a damage appraisal for your vehicle.
- Damage appraisals are necessary to write an Estimate; a formal statement indicating the likely price that will be charged for specified work or repairs.
- If the appraisal indicates a Total Loss to a covered auto or to any vehicle to which you are legally liable, we will determine the value of that vehicle. For all Total Losses, we provide a geographically significant market analysis of value.
- Your Adjuster will provide you with 3 options for arranging a damage appraisal and receiving an Estimate:
+ Option 1: Get an Estimate from us by uploading photos of your damage.
- This method of gaining an Estimate is often the best option when your vehicle is drivable and the damages are relatively minor.
- Your Adjuster will explain how to upload photos of your vehicle. This will allow our staff to appraise the damage to the vehicle and write an Estimate.
- Your Adjuster will also explain how to upload a photo or digital copy of a police report. If fault for the accident is not certain, the police report will assist in determining which driver is responsible for the accident. This will help to confirm whether your damages are covered, or not
- You may also submit a note with additional information: If you gain additional information that you did not have at the time of your initial report, you may provide this additional information. For example, names, addresses, telephone numbers or insurance information for the other party, are often helpful for the speedy resolution of a claim.
+ Option 2: Obtain an Estimate immediately from one of our Preferred Shops.
- This method of gaining an Estimate is often the best option when you have confirmed with your Adjuster that your repairs will be covered by insurance, and your vehicle is safely drivable.
- Find a Preferred Shop that is convenient for you and schedule a damage appraisal appointment.
- If your vehicle is not drivable, our Preferred Shop will make arrangements to bring your vehicle to the shop.
+ Option 3: Your Adjuster will help you arrange a damage appraisal visit by a Field Appraiser.
- This method of gaining an Estimate is often the best option when your vehicle is not drivable and has severe damage.
- The Field Appraiser will meet you at your residence, a temporary storage facility or a location that is appropriate for safely inspecting the damages to your vehicle.
- Afterward, you may email or take the Estimate to one of our Preferred Shops, or to the repair shop of your choice.
The Repair Process | Step 2
+ Select a repair shop and schedule your vehicle repair service.
- Consider which repair shop option will have the best timing for you.
- When scheduling a vehicle repair, keep in mind that most shops have limited, if any, weekend operations.
- Be sure to get an estimated date of completion for the repair service, so you know how long you will not have access to your vehicle.
- Consider how you will transport your damaged vehicle to the repair shop
- If your vehicle has been appraised at a Preferred Shop and remains there, we will coordinate with you and the shop to pick the ideal time to begin.
- If your vehicle is drivable, make sure the repair shop has the required parts on hand, prior to leaving your vehicle there.
- If your vehicle is in your possession but not drivable, you may need to have your vehicle towed to the repair facility.
- Keep in mind, towing reimbursement varies based on policy coverage and accident circumstances.
- If applicable, we will work with your lien holder to get the repair approved and the repair payments endorsed.
The Repair Process | Step 3
+ Decide if you need to arrange a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired.
- If you do require a rental car, your Adjuster can help make arrangements.
- Keep in mind, rental car reimbursement varies based on policy coverage and accident circumstances.
The Repair Process | Step 4
+ Expect updates or reach out to your Adjuster with any questions.
- We will periodically check the status of the repair and address any further issues, such as additional damage or changes to the expected completion date, while your vehicle is in the shop.
- When you use a Preferred Shop, we will guarantee your repairs for as long as you own or lease your car.