Privacy & Security
Our Use And Disclosure of Information
At RESPONSIVE, we gather information about you that may be used including in connection with your application for a quote, to process and service your insurance policy, settle your claims and offer you additional products and services that we think may be of interest to you, for research and analytics purposes, and as permitted or directed by you. If you apply for a quote for yourself and any other person(s), we also may gather, use and share such person’s/persons’ information in the same manner.
Information We Collect From You
This includes information you provide us on the Internet, by phone, via a mobile application, by email, through our service providers, or by any other means. Examples of such information may include your name, address, residence information, telephone number, email address, vehicle information, driver’s license number, driving history, claims history, current or former insurance information, social security number, medical information, gender, educational background, date of birth, marital status and RESPONSIVE Web pages visited.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
This includes information we collect from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, including but not necessarily limited to insurance support organizations and, consumer reporting agencies. It may include information such as vehicle reports, consumer credit information, demographic information, insurance histories, and insurance claims reports. Information obtained from insurance support organizations may be retained by such organizations and disclosed to other persons as permitted by law.
Information About Your Transactions
This includes information about your transactions with us and others, including our affiliates. It includes information such as your policy coverage levels, account balances, claims history, and billing information.
Information We Disclose
Information about our current, former, or potential customers may be disclosed, but only as permitted or required by law, or as permitted or directed by the customer or consumer.
For example, we may disclose such information to affiliated and nonaffiliated insurance companies, insurance agents, reinsurance companies, insurance support organizations, such as consumer reporting agencies, government entities, and claims administrators. We may also disclose such information to nonaffiliated third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf including the marketing of our products or services. Further, we may also disclose such information as necessary to effect, administer or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize, or in connection with servicing or processing a transaction that you request or authorize.
The following are examples of situations in which we may disclose such information:
- Your information may be passed between us and our agents, appraisers, attorneys, investigators, and others who may be involved in the sales and marketing of RESPONSIVE products and services, processing of applications, and servicing of policies or claims.
- If you request a comparison quote, your information may be shared with an affiliated insurance agent and third party insurance companies in order to provide you with the requested comparison quotes.
- We provide your policy information to adjusters and other appropriate business entities that make any necessary repairs to your vehicle or property insured by us when you have a claim.
- We may provide your information to others whom we determine need such information to perform insurance or other professional functions for us. These may include parties helping us with administrative services and consumer reporting agencies.
- We may supply information as required by search warrant, subpoena, or legal process, to state insurance departments, or other law enforcement or government authorities when required by law, or to protect our own legal interests in the event of suspected illegal or fraudulent activities.
- If we collect your information as an agent for one of our business partners, we may use it to contact you or make you an offer regarding insurance products that may be of interest to you.
RESPONSIVE may contact you regarding your policy and our products and services, such as insurance rate quotes, billing notices, confirmations of changes, changes to our products, and other RESPONSIVE-specific communications. You may NOT unsubscribe from these RESPONSIVE-specific communications that relate to your primary usage of our service and products, and you agree to receive these communications if you make a purchase.
When you quote or become a policyholder with us, RESPONSIVE may contact you about third-party promotions, our products and services and other information that may be useful to you. In addition, prior to purchasing a policy or after canceling your policy, RESPONSIVE may contact you to confirm your quote or invite you to come back and get a new quote or to purchase a policy. You will have the ability to unsubscribe from whichever type of communication you received.
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company
1 (866) 300-0080